Many thanks to all of those who responded to the call launched by the OECD and the OGP, and who shared their innovative open government cases on this platform!
While the initial call is now closed, the platform will remain open for governments, civil society and the private sector to share their innovative open government practices. Submit your cases in English, French or Spanish here.
The initial call for innovative open government cases was held from November 2018 to April 2019, and received over 100 novel, implemented and impactful practices from more than 42 countries. These stories will serve to inspire policy makers and civil society across the world to push the open government agenda forward.
The OECD and OGP team are currently in the process of reviewing the collection of cases received. All cases will be reviewed vis-à-vis the criteria of novelty, degree of implementation and impact. Out of all the cases fulfilling these criteria, two case authors will be invited to join us at a high-level event on open government in 2019. More information on the selection and the winners will be shared shortly on this page.
How to Submit an Open Government Innovation:
1. First, register to the OPSI Website to submit your case and become part of the OECD Open Government community of practice.
2. Make sure you fill in the submission criteria for acceptance:
- The case is relevant to the open government principles of transparency, integrity, accountability and stakeholder participation.
- It has a novel approach, either as a concept, or an upgrade based on a previous initiative. It is ongoing or has been implemented in practice, and it has shown results that can be verified.
-The case study is written in plain English or French.
-Every section of the case submission form is completed online.
3. Then, submit an Innovation through our platform by 12 April 2019.
You can preview the submission questions and share them with your team using the .doc version available here. Please note that final submissions will need to be done through the digital platform. The OECD Open Government team and peer reviewers can suggest edits to the case description. The final selection of cases to be published is chosen by the OECD team, as advised by members of an informal Expert Group on Open Government.
Interested in reading about how countries are pushing the open government agenda forward?
Interested in learning how countries are implementing the 10 provisions of the OECD Recommendation of the Council on Open Government (2017)?
- Here you may access toolkits and cases on open government enablers.
- Here you may access toolkits and cases on the implementation of open government initiatives.
- Here you may access toolkits and cases on open state.
Interested in learning how to use the Open Government Recommendation in practice?
Find relevant toolkits and cases on how to:
- Design an open government strategy or initiative
- Bring new perspectives and stakeholders into the policy process
- Communicate open government initiatives
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and learning mechanisms for open government strategies and initiatives
For more information, please contact [email protected].