It is difficult for job seekers to identify the employment information that applies to them. "The Work" is a service provided through 'Work-Net', Korea's public jobs portal network. The service uses AI technology to analyze job seeker data and to provide employment infortmation that is tailored to each user. The service offers recommended information to job seekers in six job-related categories. By using the service, the time it takes to search for the information is reduced drastically.
Previous government-led safety inspection systems were not reflective of social needs and public interest in the foods and drugs that should be on the market.
The new system allows people not only to make policy proposals but to actively participate in food and drug inspections as well.
People are empowered to request inspection or examination of products when there is a growing public concern over the safety of the food or drug in question. The government will respond with an inspection or examination, and the results will be made publicly available.
For ventures and start-ups to overcome Valley of Death (failure to survive within the first 3-7 years from start) and to explore sales channels in the early stage, the Korean Public Procurement Service designed VENTURE NARA. VENTURE NARA is a "stepping stone" where ventures and start-ups can promote and sell their products in the early stage, and prepare for jumping into the broader markets. As a prior stage to the Online Shopping Mall, VENTURE NARA is put in place where any ventures and start-ups can promote in early stage.
The Korea Power Exchange (KPX) set students and parents as policy targets and systematically connected electricity-saving activities with the performance of volunteer hours which reflected in grades of school students. This program, which estimates electricity savings as a service rather than money, is leading to changes in consciousness that are perceived as social values in the future. The People's Virtual Power Plant will eventually be fused with advanced technology (blockchain, AI, big data) to develop into national institutions.
The Government of Korea is beginning to implement a new innovation investment model, 'R&D PIE', which leverages big data analytics and machine learning in order to assess disruptive changes in the technology landscape, and to identify overlaps and potential opportunities across the Korean ministries. Through this, the government has a way of identifying missing links in the innovation initiatives, fostering collaboration among agencies, universities, and companies, and solving social problems.
The neighborhood of Seodaemun-gu in Seoul has implemented various Smart City/IoT activities:
1. The establishment of the control system of public trash bins
2. Operating the village bus information service for the safe return of residents
3. Establishment and operation of “Police security report app” for the safety of public restroom
4. Build a smart walking trail in Seodaemun An-san(An-mountain)
- This platform, as well as any data and any map included herein, are without prejudice to the status of or sovereignty over any territory, to the delimitation of international frontiers and boundaries and to the name of any territory, city or area.
- Note by Turkey: The information in this document with reference to “Cyprus” relates to the southern part of the Island. There is no single authority representing both Turkish and Greek Cypriot people on the Island. Turkey recognises the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). Until a lasting and equitable solution is found within the context of the United Nations, Turkey shall preserve its position concerning the “Cyprus issue”.
- Note by all the European Union Member States of the OECD and the European Union: The Republic of Cyprus is recognised by all members of the United Nations with the exception of Turkey. The information in this document relates to the area under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Regarding Kosovo, this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244/99 and the Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice on Kosovo’s declaration of independence.