The Astana Civil Service Hub, on the basis of its mission, aiming to support the governments of the participating countries, has created this platform where they can exchange of knowledge and best practices in applying innovations to respond to COVID-19.
The platform includes countries’ reports with statistical indicators, recommendations and other facts that might be useful in the fight against the pandemic.
The main objectives of the platform are:
- аccumulation of analytical data and measures taken by the governments of a number of countries during the pandemic COVID-19;
- identification of innovative solutions & technologies in the fight against pandemic (during and post COVID-19);
- creation of an open platform for best practices exchange and dissemination among the Hub’s participating countries and partners;
- providing support to the governments, partners and stakeholders in their initiatives aimed at preventing and eliminating the consequences of the spread of the coronavirus;
- enhancing the capacity of civil servants through conducting online activities during the telecommuting as a result of the emergency.
Specific issues addressed and anticipated impact
Considering the global scale of the pandemic and its impact on public and economic sectors, the ACSH calls on all participating countries and partners to share best practices and innovative solutions in the field of civil service and public service delivery to effectively confront the consequences of the virus.
The platform consists of three blocks:
1) Shared innovations and best practices to respond to COVID-19
2) News and announcements;
3) Submitting a 'great idea' to fight COVID-19 (not live as of submission).
Astana Civil Service Hub; UNDP
- International Organisation
- Non-Profit/Civil Society
Issues being addressed:
- Information and practice sharing (with public and/or internal)
28 April 2020