"Wendá" (Web + Rendá, the guaraní word for “place”) is the place where we network and connect. It’s a social and digital platform that articulates, promotes, and strengthens government and citizen initiatives during the COVID-19 and beyond.
The platform enables a participatory mapping of people and organizations’ programs, projects, and needs, related to the COVID19 crisis. In just the first two weeks, over 120 initiatives signed up, with many of the groups behind them already start...
The Toronto Foundation created and funded a distance learning program for high schools that service populations with limited or no access to the internet. In two short weeks, a dial-in phone learning system was set up that connected 500 students with their teachers. The goal was to continue preparing these students for their matriculation exams that will take place in July 2020.
The response was designed to continue providing uninterrupted remedial instruction to high school student...
African countries have created the Africa Medical Supplies Platform, to offer medical supplies like test kits, protective equipment and potential vaccines through a single online marketplace platform.
South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa said that it “will address shortages and security of supply, ensure price competitiveness and transparency in procurement, reduce logistical delays, simplify payment processes and provide a common platform where governments can access services f...
The US' General Services Administration's Technology Transformation Service (TTS) has transformed to manage pandemic response assistance.
Helping the European Parliament to debate and legislate multilingually despite social distancing and travel restrictions.
Normally, the legislative process involves frequent physical meetings between MEPs from all over the continent, with associated travel. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we have developed a multilingual remote participation platform to allow them to participate from their constituencies, debating and voting in their own languages with interpretation provided loc...
- Please note that the OECD has not formally reviewed the responses and information provided and does not necessarily endorse any of the solutions included. Our objective is to share information and ideas at the maximum speed for governments to make use of it. As such, review and validation of information is limited and does not directly reflect the views or beliefs of the OECD.
- This platform, as well as any data and any map included herein, are without prejudice to the status of or sovereignty over any territory, to the delimitation of international frontiers and boundaries and to the name of any territory, city or area.
- Note by Turkey: The information in this document with reference to “Cyprus” relates to the southern part of the Island. There is no single authority representing both Turkish and Greek Cypriot people on the Island. Turkey recognises the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). Until a lasting and equitable solution is found within the context of the United Nations, Turkey shall preserve its position concerning the “Cyprus issue”.
- Note by all the European Union Member States of the OECD and the European Union: The Republic of Cyprus is recognised by all members of the United Nations with the exception of Turkey. The information in this document relates to the area under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Regarding Kosovo, this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244/99 and the Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice on Kosovo’s declaration of independence.