The "Mirsal" service was developed on the UAEHUB.ae platform and enabled for all those registered with a UAEPass. This service dramatically enhanced the correspondence system for both private and public actors, having a positive impact on the environment and on the delivery speed of business letters between different entities.
- The Mirsal service solved the official letters movement issue from GtoG, BtoB, GtoB, and BtoB
- The innovation is all about an e-service, secure and simple to use.
- Saves physical delivery times, speeding up business processes.
- Concerns all public and private sectors in the UAE
- A memo with department of finance and department of municipal affairs was signed to extend the service for more entities.
- Many technologies are included, such as Blockchain and AI.
What Makes Your Project Innovative?
Having one platform and a unique correspondence system for public and private entities, making it easier to deliver at no cost.
What is the current status of your innovation?
Sending letters was a lengthy and often unsecure process, but with UAEhub it is possible to find all registered entities and easily reach them (around 200 private and public entities are available).
Collaborations & Partnerships
Users, Stakeholders & Beneficiaries
Government entities; private entities; companies.
Results, Outcomes & Impacts
Tons of printed paper was saved yearly and CO2 emissions coming from the cars involved in traditional delivery were cut.
Challenges and Failures
- Encouraging people to use the platform and trust its blockchain was one of the main challenges.
- People want to make sure that their letters are under control and secured.
Conditions for Success
It covers all the law and security parts.
The innovation unifies several correspondence systems into one, more effective and business-oriented platform. Since it was launched, it has been used by government and private entities.
There is always room for developments that have great impact on business, especially in the administrative tasks that seem easy but indeed consume a lot of unnecessary time and effort. The new correspondence system that was developed is a real example of this lesson in the business world.
There was a team of professional business analyst and developers that devoted technical experience and business understanding to deliver the service at the best level.