Support and reimbursable funding for the immediate development of ongoing R&D and technological innovation projects and initiatives developed by technological infrastructures (CIT - Interface Centers and CoLAB - Collaborative Laboratories), which respond to the immediate and medium-term needs of the NHS.
Specific issues addressed and anticipated impact
The R&D and innovation projects to be supported should contribute to improving the response of health systems to the impact of COVID-19. Must be projects of effective application in the short term, including prototyping, testing, development and industrialization phases. Three types of projects are supported:
- Development of invasive vntilators with simple assembly and decentralized production, for the hospital environment, including their design, testing and preparation of the industrialization process;
- Non-invasive ventilators and / or pandemic ventilators of relatively easy execution and based on the automation of AMBU hand pumps, screening systems, diagnostic and test kits, or elements for these kits (e.g., swabs, probes, reagents);
- Development of Personal Protection Equipment (PPEs), namely its validation and certification, and other support and disinfection equipment and systems necessary for the quality of public health.
ANI - National Innovation Agency (funding and coordination). AICIB - Agency for Clinical Research and Biomedical Innovation (support); FCT - Science and Technology Foundation (support).
Support, whenever appropriate, from the competent health authorities, namely INFARMED and / or INSA. The evaluation will also count on the support of FCT and AICIB, in order to guarantee complementarity with other projects to be supported by these entities.
- National/Federal government
Issues being addressed:
- Health and safety of responders
- Health and medical equipment and devices (ventilators, masks..)
26 April 2020