KP Citizen Portal
The KP Citizen’s Portal is a highly interactive mobile application aimed at serving information and services, disseminating information, engaging citizens, and dealing with public complaints in, Pakistan. The application effectively uses modern ICT-based and e-governance tools to help citizens get the latest information about essential citizen services. Furthermore, the system implements a closed-loop regarding complaint management, helping government to solve issues and deal with complaints.
Citizen Access to Government (without physically visiting Government Offices)
Smartphone-based App to access Government information and services in a single click.
Citizens (for resolution of complaints) and Government itself (by improving performance)
Objectives of the System
1. Complaint registration and tracking
2. Public polling
3. Public announcements (related to emergency, law and order, public notice)
4. Food price of essential commodities
5. Government jobs
6. Government tenders
7. E-Citizen (apply for e-domicile, revenue cases tracking)
8. Citizen’s application tracking
9. KP Internship portal
10. "How do I?" - Information related how to get various citizen services (Birth certificate, marriage certificate, domicile, Fard, driving license, arms license, etc.) in terms of procedure, location and price.
What Makes Your Project Innovative?
1. An integrated approach to provide all information and services to citizens on a single App.
2. Connected with the Government's real back-end system
What is the current status of your innovation?
The application has been implemented. 178K complaints have been received and 168K resolved with a user satisfaction of 65%.
Collaborations & Partnerships
Citizens and government officials were involved in the development of this innovation.
Users, Stakeholders & Beneficiaries
Citizens, government officials.
Results, Outcomes & Impacts
Total 178K Complaints Received, 168K Resolved, Feedback 65% Positive.
Results are measured through an automatic process available in the App.
Expected User Feedback: 72%.
Challenges and Failures
Access and Implementation
Currently, 2800 Officers in KP are responding to the complaints. Training of Officers at remote areas was one of the main challenges.
Conditions for Success
1. Clear policy
2. Leadership and guidance of the Chief Minister (Head of the Province)
1. Category or issue-wise replication of the application was more successful
2. Starting with small services helping citizen to interact effectively