Now Hiring: OPSI is seeking junior policy analysts to join the team
We are building up our team at the OECD based on the strong interest and growth in several innovation topics in demand by our OECD member countries. We are looking for early career specialists in a variety of fields connected to futures thinking and strategic foresight, behavioural insights, organisational change, innovation management, mission-oriented innovation, emerging tech, innovation portfolios and/or applied innovation in public services (e.g. policing, education, health, environment, etc.). You may have knowledge across these areas or be specialised in one field.
OPSI works with governments on understanding and transforming their work and their policies through innovation. Our mission is to help governments be more proactive and intentional in their approach to innovation and we work with leading governments around the world who are defining what this looks like in practice.
The team uses a mixture of approaches and methodologies based in innovation theory, systems thinking, behavioural science, human centred design, and action research. We use both qualitative and quantitative analysis methods. We care about implementation, not just ideas. We value rigor, creativity, diversity, new perspectives, experimentation and collaboration, but first and foremost, a supportive team environment that encourages curiosity and ambition around our mission.
Our project portfolio is broad and tasks will vary depending on the projects at hand, but involve research design, action research, comparative data analysis, sense-making, proposing and creating new frameworks, setting up experiments, liaising with governments, building networks of experts and public officials, and leading workshops and seminars.
We are interested in people with the following characteristics:
- At least 2 years of experience in fields related to futures thinking and strategic foresight, behavioural insights, experimentation, organisational change, innovation management, mission-oriented innovation, emerging tech, or innovation portfolios
- Ability to look at problems in a new perspective and an experimental mindset.
- Experience working in or with government on the related fields.
- Proven track record in drafting analyses, information visualisation, presenting findings, and communicating to different audiences.
- Process design and facilitation experience would be an asset
If this speaks to you and you would like to help us push governments to dare a bit more, consider joining us. For more information on the open vacancy and to submit your application by 18 May, please refer to the official job announcement here. Feel free to include a reference towards your interest in public sector innovation in your cover letter.