#SmartNationTogether is a joint effort between the Singapore Government and Smart Nation Ambassadors, consisting of community and corporate volunteers. Since #SmartNationTogether was launched in June 2020, more than 70 unique programmes have been presented by 40 partners with more than 6,000 participants engaged. It has also built a following of more than 12,000. Facebook engagement on #SmartNationTogether has also achieved more than 600 “likes” since Jun 2020.
Singapore launched a dedicated emergency response healthcare centre in their Tan Tock Seng Hospital, just weeks before the COVID crisis, which has used innovative techniques to help co-ordinate responses to the crisis.
This centre has done a number of innovative things as part of their 34 widgets that they have developed to monitor specific elements of the outbreak and response. Other responses include:
At specific sites, like the National Centre for Infectious Disease (NCID)...
TraceTogether is a mobile app created by the Government of Singapore that enables community-driven contact tracing to help fight COVID-19.
Singapore have enlisted a roaming robotic dog, built by robotics company Boston Dynamics, in a two week trial to wander around a central park, which speaks to people in the park to encourage them to socially distance.
In a female voice, it says: "Let's keep Sinagpore healthy. For your own safety and for those around you, please stand at least one metre apart. Thank you".
Another robot has been deployed at a nearby reservoir to warn visitors "not to loiter" and that "gathering...
FluGoWhere is a website to conveniently and easily search a list of clinics providing special subsidies for those diagnosed with respiratory illnesses. These clinics are designated "Public Health Preparedness Clinic (PHPC)" to care for patients with respiratory symptoms in light of the COVID-19 outbreak. The PHPCs are an important line of defence employed by Singapore that would allow the virus to be detected in patients earlier and reduce the risk of further transmission. This website wa...
SPOTON is an AI powered thermal scanner developed by GovTech in 5 days. SPOTON is built with a complete long-wave infrared (LWIR) camera module that is integrated with RGB camera. It is being progressively deployed to Government Buildings and community facilities. SPOTON was built with the use of affordable hardware and powederd by advanced AI face detection capability that detects only human faces and gives instant readings of up to 10 faces at once. It is easy to use and set up, and is a...
Singapore is employing contract trackers to work out exactly who coronavirus patients have and haven't come into contact with in the period leading up to their diagnosis.
They research cases through interviews with the patient and examining of (digital) calendars and receipts, to piece together a picture of exactly who each patient has interacted with, where, and when, before reporting back to the Singaporean Ministry of Health.
A Singaporean coder has created a website that uses open data from the Singaporean government to map the daily status of every single corona virus patient, providing detailed geographic and demograhpic detail.
- Please note that the OECD has not formally reviewed the responses and information provided and does not necessarily endorse any of the solutions included. Our objective is to share information and ideas at the maximum speed for governments to make use of it. As such, review and validation of information is limited and does not directly reflect the views or beliefs of the OECD.
- This platform, as well as any data and any map included herein, are without prejudice to the status of or sovereignty over any territory, to the delimitation of international frontiers and boundaries and to the name of any territory, city or area.
- Note by Turkey: The information in this document with reference to “Cyprus” relates to the southern part of the Island. There is no single authority representing both Turkish and Greek Cypriot people on the Island. Turkey recognises the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). Until a lasting and equitable solution is found within the context of the United Nations, Turkey shall preserve its position concerning the “Cyprus issue”.
- Note by all the European Union Member States of the OECD and the European Union: The Republic of Cyprus is recognised by all members of the United Nations with the exception of Turkey. The information in this document relates to the area under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Regarding Kosovo, this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244/99 and the Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice on Kosovo’s declaration of independence.