Paid Internship Opportunities with OPSI (Applications Due 28 February)
We are growing! OPSI is looking for one or more talented individuals to join our team for a six-month internship experience and drive forward public sector innovation projects.
The OECD Internship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation and provide successful candidates with the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment.
Join us in Paris or remote! For these internships, working remotely is a possibility, depending on a previous discussion and approval with OPSI and based on the nature of specific activities and goals that may be assigned to selected candidate(s). We are also flexible with start dates, but will give preference to interns being able to commit to a period of six months.
At OPSI, we value curiosity and learning and we ensure that project tasks match both the needs of the team at the time and the interests of our selected candidate(s). Potential areas for public sector innovation projects include:
- Anticipatory Innovation Governance
- Behavioural Insights
- Cross-Border Government Innovation
- Innovative Capacity and country-specific innovation studies (e.g. our full study on Brazil or our scan of Denmark).
- Innovation Trends
- Mission-Oriented Innovation
- Systems Approaches
- Innovation Evaluation
- Innovation Measurement
For these projects, tasks will vary but often involve:
- Participating in the preparation of notes, reports, blogs and case studies
- Carrying out research and reviews of existing materials
- Collecting, organising and analysing data
- Assisting in the design of, and participating in, meetings, seminars and workshops
- Liaising and building networks with officials in national administrations and researchers
In addition to innovation subjects, OPSI is also seeking interns for cross-cutting roles involving:
- Communications, stakeholder engagement, community management and event planning
- Graphic design, videography and data visualisation
- Web development and content management (WordPress)
Pay and benefits
- Full-time OECD Interns are paid a taxable allowance of EUR 738 per month.
- Full-time interns earn 2.5 days of leave per month.
Requirements for candidates
- Must be enrolled in a full-time degree programme (in a related field or discipline) for the entire duration of the internship
- Must be a citizen of an OECD member country or a country with an agreement in place with the OECD (Bulgaria, Indonesia, Peru, Romania, Russian Federation and Ukraine).
- Preference given to candidates able to commit full-time (40 hours per week) for a period of 6-months
- If selected, the candidate must be able to obtain a Memorandum of Agreement between their school and the OECD, which governs the terms of the internship
How to apply
- Submit your application to the OECD centralised internship application by 28 February 2022, 23:59 CET
- E-mail us at [email protected] to let us know that you have applied to the position. Please also:
- State your optimal start and end date
- Indicate whether you would be able to commit part-time or full-time
- Indicate if you have a preferred focus area(s) (see “potential areas for public sector innovation projects”)
- Confirm your enrollment in a full-time degree programme for the full duration of the internship
If you have any other question, you can reach us at [email protected].