The Open Innovation Team was created by an official inside government to deepen collaboration between policymakers and academics. Policymakers from across government approach the team looking for evidence, analysis, new ideas, or challenge from outside voices. The team connects them with experts and organises workshops, writes reports and provides reviews of evidence. The purpose of the team is to open up the policy process to outside experts, and help ensure policy is anchored in evidence.
An innovative maritime communication system enabling:
1. Invisible and unidentifiable VHF communication becomes visible in real time with one click.
2. A ship's past routes and/or frequently navigated routes, which were previously unrecorded, will be made known through big data-based analysis that fully reflects the ship's characteristics and general routing patterns.
3. Invisible voices will be made visible through an automatic transcription system based on voice recognition.
The State Government of Pernambuco has created a hub for public innovation - "Usina Pernambucana de Inovação". The Usina offers help and guidance for public institutions to innovate. With the Usina, the government can improve and disseminate knowledge about innovation, facilitate experimentations, evaluate projects and portfolios to reduce risks, optimize resources allocation and use, and create a strong culture of innovation.
"It’s My Turn!" (to Speak) is a card game that gives children an active role in their community. Children are given cards to answer questions related to activities they like to do, to climate change or simply their neighbourhood. This enables the identification of citizenship issues concerning kids, engages them and the community (schools, families, etc.), and is the starting point to identify and implement local projects based on their civic participation and on that of the community as a whole.
With the rise of single households and an aging population, society is demanding a guarantee for healthy living and welfare services. The district has launched customized caregiving services using KakaoTalk messenger, mobile phones, and AI speakers to promote the health and well-being of the socially vulnerable class in particular. To deal with the issue of solitary death, the district utilized their strength in information and communications technology to tackle the issue.
With less than a third of world researchers or STEM graduates as women, accelerating achievement of gender parity is not just a fairness argument but an economic imperative. EY and Tribal Planet have launched an innovative gamified platform that engages girls from underserved communities in fun, practical and gamified STEM learning. Through the platform, the innovation has energised public-private partnership, connecting governments and citizens to create an ecosystem of support, awareness and encouragement.
- This platform, as well as any data and any map included herein, are without prejudice to the status of or sovereignty over any territory, to the delimitation of international frontiers and boundaries and to the name of any territory, city or area.
- Note by Turkey: The information in this document with reference to “Cyprus” relates to the southern part of the Island. There is no single authority representing both Turkish and Greek Cypriot people on the Island. Turkey recognises the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). Until a lasting and equitable solution is found within the context of the United Nations, Turkey shall preserve its position concerning the “Cyprus issue”.
- Note by all the European Union Member States of the OECD and the European Union: The Republic of Cyprus is recognised by all members of the United Nations with the exception of Turkey. The information in this document relates to the area under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Regarding Kosovo, this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244/99 and the Advisory Opinion of the International Court of Justice on Kosovo’s declaration of independence.